At goTruck!, our Engineering team is developing efficient, simple, and future-proof solutions for heavy logistics. We need you to be ready to take on the challenge of rapidly developing products that are able to cater to an industry that is crying out for efficiency. As a key member of this team, you will solve problems, develop products, and set a base for the development team to build upon. You will have the opportunity to be involved in every step of the development process and not just be a cog in the machine. Grow with us.
Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Write source code to develop the frontend UI on modern web browsers and mobile phones, and backend modules to integrate with MS SQL database and other 3rd-party systems.
- Integrate your work with other team members who may be based remotely.
- Develop test cases to support regression testing efforts for quality assurance.
- Assist in translating functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Recommend changes to the development team’s best practices so as to improve the team’s productivity and system’s quality of code.
You will have the following Experience and People Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on software application development in a commercial environment.
- Have worked with IT operations/support to assist in troubleshooting issues, performing log analysis and executing software releases.
- Likes to work closely with other members in a lean team.
- Able to adapt to changes in business requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal form with the stakeholders and other team members who may be based remotely.
- Have a “giving” mindset and contributes to opensource software development (please share with us the links to your public contributions).
Your Technical Skills are:
- At least 2 years of experience in using TypeScript/NodeJS for application development.
- For backend development, you should have experience in using NestJS or other similar Typescript-based web frameworks, NPM, Prisma and GraphQL.
- Proficient in working with Git repository for commits, forking, branching, pull request, and merge conflict resolutions.
- Comfortable in using VS Code on a Linux desktop for everyday development work.
- Candidates with the following experience will have additional advantages:
- Experience and knowledge of using Ionic framework for hybrid mobile application development and deployment to Apple/Google app stores.
- Experience and knowledge of configuring/managing services on Google Cloud Platform.
You have the following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field; or
- A combination of related experience and education.